Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Last of Paris and Beginning of Wine Tasting

Sunday (June 6), after Nadal WON Roland Garros Andrew and I went for a walk to the Moulin Rouge. We were both expecting it to be kind of a big deal, but it was really just this:
 
Monday (June 7), Andrew and I left Paris for Bordeaux. We put off wine tasting until yesterday (June 9) because I have been recovering from a cold and I wanted to wait until I got my taste back. We did some wine tasting in a small town called Saint Emilion, just east of Bordeaux. As soon as we got into this town, I fell in love with it. It was so quite, clean and beautiful. There were vineyards everywhere, it was like Alberta in that respect, but instead of the fields being yellow they were green.

This town was filled with vagabond cats that were really cute and some were really friendly. We saw that a lot of houses had left milk out for the cats, like this one shop.

We went on a tour of one vineyard... "chateau" as the French call it. It was really neat because this town had underground caves linking the vineyards together.

They had SOOOO much wine in these caves.

We learned that there were many different sizes of wine bottles. The regular 750ml bottle is the second from the left, although I have seen the Saints each polish off a bottle the size one of the right, almost every Sunday.

After our wine tasting and tours I still don't think that we know a "good" bottle of wine from a "bad" bottle of wine. Oh well, we will have to keep experimenting.

Tomorrow (June 11) we are off to Avignon.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear more of your European adventures. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails