Sunday, June 13, 2010

Look Familiar?


Ok I'll give you a hint:

Yep, Andrew is a James Bond look a like... but he is a much younger version. 

We went to Marseille yesterday (June 12) to check out a beach and it was blazing hot. Luckily we had our bathing suits on... except Andrew's bathing suit are shorts that are made up mostly of cotton (we disagree on this point) and they look like they would take a long time to dry. Because we are in France I guess, some women decide that bathing suit tops are optional. So when Andrew was teasing me saying that he was going to wear his underwear into the ocean (which usually I wouldn't approve of because I wouldn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable because there is a weirdo in his underwear) I told him to go for it because some people didn't even bother wearing tops to the beach. By wearing underwear he was actually going above and beyond the women on the beach. So he wore his underwear swimming, and now you all saw Andrew in his underwear... and now it might be uncomfortable when we get back.
The beach really was beautiful. When we were there, we were told that the temperature was 28 and the temperature of the water was 21. Andrew said the water was colder (I didn't go in the water... mostly cause I didn't want to be seen with someone swimming in their underwear).
Today (June 13), we went to the Pont-du-Gard. It was really beautiful. We took a bus out to the site and once we got there we walked around a bit and then found a spot in the shade to read (me) and nap (Andrew).

We got back in a reasonable time today so we got to explore Avignon (where we are staying). It is a neat little town. It is a walled city and when the Pope lived in France, his residence was here. 

A couple more day trips, one to Nimes and another possibly to Carcassonne and then off to Nice!

5 comments:

  1. Was loving the blog... until I had to see the picture of Andrew in his underwear! Haha... hey, why does your countdown say you guys are coming home so soon? I thought you were staying in Europe for like 6 months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!! I've had LOTS of reading to catch up on, as I didn't bookmark your site, and finally got Kristin to email it to me!! Looks like you are having quite the trip!! Your wedding post was great! A wedding to remember!! WE've been thinkin of ya, and hope the rest of your stay is amazing!!

    Lucie &

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are staying in Europe for a long time still, sometimes the months don't show up on the countdown.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails